Thursday, August 5, 2010

Pistol or Paintbrush

4:28 a.m. and I am starting a Blog page. I usually start a painting at this hour , not today. Back pain as the result of old injures has hampered my tattoo career. I have returned to oil painting after 28 years. Why 28 years? Well I learned to oil paint in 1982 visiting my aunt in Arizona and really haven't used the media since. Acrylic is cheaper and easier for kids to waste and it dries a hell of a lot quicker. Of course can't forget Miranda , the love of my Life, who supports my art.

Pistol or Paintbrush?
Well for those of you who don't know most artists are on the edge. Not someone who is artistic , but an artist. Is it because of a chemical imbalance or missing synapses or just being self absorbed? who knows. Pistol or Paintbrush is a saying I coined because I'm so smart that explains my thoughts. Would I shoot someone? No! Have I thought about shooting myself? Yes! Would I? No! It is just the choices, day after day, to struggle living as an artist. The saying also gives an idea of my opinion of the world, how juxtaposition plays a huge role. Two polar opposites. Sometimes life, as in art, is not pretty. Some days you want to pick up the gun. Today, I'll make art!!!

So why a Blog?
So I can speak my mind and sell art!  Maybe help others somehow

No comments:

Post a Comment